Jonathan's Age

Diana's Age

Tuesday, November 26, 2013

One, Two, Three...Jump

Thanks Grandpa for being a big sport and getting in the pool to catch Diana.  She would say One, Two, Three and then jump.  Grandpa was even allowing her to go under a bit and she kept going back for more.  I am glad it was him and not me.  It still makes me nervous when kids go under water.  Probably doesn't help that Diana already had a near drowning experience, ok that might be a stretch, but all the same enough to scare us.  Our first day here, Diana was swimming with her water wings and doing great.  She got out of the pool to eat lunch and wanted her wings off.  She was sitting at the table with a towel wrapped around her and literally I turned my back for a second and she was jumping in the pool with no water wings.  Thankfully we have a few lifeguards on hand and Brad jumped in after her.  He did give her a moment to see if she could make it to the side as he claims it looked like she was trying.  I still can see her little eyes as big as saucers under that water.  She did manage to hold her breath though and wasn't coughing any water when she came up, thank goodness.  She was back in the water after lunch which I was happy to see she wasn't going to be too afraid of the water after that experience.  I was hoping it would scare her a little more than it did though.  Diana is following in her brother's footsteps though, she loves the water!


No comments: