Jonathan's Age

Diana's Age

Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Preschool Update

Mrs. Riccardi emailed a picture today of Jonathan playing in the muscle room.  Looks like he is having fun!  I noticed that Jonathan has been writing Jon on some of his papers...which is like nails on a chalkboard to me.  When I asked him about it, he said Mrs. Riccardi said it was ok.  I decided to ask her about it and she said that she thought his long name was keeping him from art and other activities. They have to have their name or some identifiable mark on their papers.  She said he needs to write his name at least once during the day and then he can do a shorter name.  She told me that he wrote two words (Wrote...jumping and climbing) today but wanted her to have them so she put them on display in the blocks. She also said this about Jonathan..."He is one of the most empathic children I know. What a gift. He's a good friend to all and has taken a special interest in Lola and Gracie.  He asks lots of thoughtful questions and loves a challenge."  I thought it was very sweet of her to say all that about him but the funny thing is he talks about Lucy and Stella in his class to Brad and me and doesn't mention Lola and Gracie.

No comments: