Jonathan's Age

Diana's Age

Monday, September 24, 2012

Concentric Circles

This week at school, Kandinsky's Concentric Circles (picture below) was introduced.  Since all of the kids in Jonathan's class knew what a circle was, Mrs. Riccardi decided to take the lesson one step further and discuss concentric circles.  I am a little embarrassed to say that I didn't know what that meant and had to have Jonathan explain it to me.  He did quite well explaining it and has been talking about it non-stop.  He also has brought home more "school work" this year than I think he did all of last year.  Amazing!  They are also talking about grids at school.  He made a tic-tac-toe board out of one of them, which I thought was clever but I guess no one wanted to play with him and that made him sad.  Another new concept introduced at school, is voting.  So far Jonathan is NOT a fan.  Apparently there has been two days where the weather hasn't been fantastic so the class voted on whether they should play out on the playground or go to the muscle room.  Both times Jonathan wanted to play outside but the muscle room won 5-4 both times.  He is still saying he doesn't like school, he loves it!  Makes my day!

No comments: