Jonathan's Age

Diana's Age

Sunday, September 15, 2013

Who-Dey

I may have just become a Bengal fan. One of the tenants who lives next door, locked himself out and asked if he could use my phone. Him and I got to talking and I asked him if he had to be anywhere important. He said he had a meeting to go to at 6:30, it was 4:30 at the time. I said a meeting on Sunday night, what do you do? Very humbly he said he played football...long story short, he is Rex Burkhead the Bengals rookie running back #33. Unfortunately for him, his landlord was out-of-town, the master key she had hidden didn't work, etc. so he was stuck until a teammate came to get him. Needless to say, we chatted a lot throughout the next couple hours with him borrowing my phone. Jonathan of course talked his ear off. I asked him to sign our Bengals football that we got at the Dalton event and after he did it, Jonathan goes, that [his autograph] just looks like scribbling. Rex busted out laughing. I love how kids can just say whatever they are thinking. I also found out that TJ Johnson, a center on the practice team for the Bengals, also lives in an apartment next door. Apparently TJ is a country boy and a big hunter. Rex mentioned something about TJ asking Rex if he thought the neighbors (us) would mind if he set up his bow/arrow target in our front lawn that connects. So I jokingly (but we will see) have it arranged that Rex is going put Jonathan through some drills/workouts and TJ is going to show Jonathan how to shoot his bow and arrow. Rex is a super super nice guy, very humble, I was very impressed. I might actually watch the Bengals game tomorrow night. Who-dey!

No comments: