Jonathan's Age

Diana's Age

Saturday, July 7, 2012

Bonus Day

We were supposed to leave yesterday, but because the kids were so good on the car trip up and because it rained yesterday, we decided to stay another day.  Yea!  I am calling in the bonus day.   Grandpa Gordy has been getting up early with the kids, well mainly just Diana as Jonathan has been sleeping in.  He takes her for walks and I think enjoys their special time together.  It was a beautiful day and I think we all enjoyed the extra time together.  It was almost like the first day where we had to do it all.  We went back to the pool to swim in the morning.  I think it is safe to say that swimming has "clicked" with Jonathan now.  In the afternoon we hung out at the beach, swimming, jet ski riding.  After Diana woke up from her nap, we went on a boat cruise.  We stopped in the middle of the lake so Jonathan could go swimming...well he had to go potty too...but did that off the back of the boat.  Diana really wanted to get in the lake with Brad and Jonathan.  I think she partly was concerned about them because she would not take her eyes off them.  When we got back to shore, there were 3 frogs hanging out on the beach so of course we had to catch them.  Jonathan started chasing Heidi with them and she flipped out as expected.  Later on, Jonathan was playing with the frogs and a claw type shovel and he said "Don't worry Heidi, I think I killed it." We went into the diner for dinner and the kids enjoyed watching them make malts...of course we had to get one to try ourselves.  Diana even liked it!  We had another campfire and down on the beach, Jonathan had built the "Ohio" river with Nana, Grandpa Gordy and Auntie Heidi.  When I came down from putting Diana to bed, Jonathan said "Mommy, come look at this.  It's incredible!"  He looked at me then and said, "Mom, is it ok if I get these [shorts] dirty?"  When I said yes, he said, "Boys do what boys do."  I have no idea where he came up with that but it was hilarious.  He has the best one lines.  All in all it was a great vacation and a wonderful bonus day!




No comments: