Jonathan's Age

Diana's Age

Monday, July 30, 2012

Olympian

Another swimming day at GB and Grandpa's pool! Yay! The kids are loving the pool time and the extra time with GB and Grandpa Weeks'. I explained to Jonathan today that it is a special privilege surprisingly I think Jonathan may be learning a thing or two. Today at the pool, he said, do you want to watch me swim like an Olympian? He crouched down to the cement, like they do on the swimming blocks, dove in and swam using his arms really well. I was very impressed! He did this for awhile and we kept having Grandpa move further and further out in the pool. Eventually Jonathan was diving in almost to the first swimming lane line and then swimming past the third line, which is half the width of the pool! Next Grandpa suggested that Jonathan try and dive in between Grandpa's legs. After only a few times of Grandpa helping Jonathan swim down, Jonathan had the hang of it! We decided though that Grandpa was better than Mommy for this because his legs are longer. GB was teaching Jonathan how to play water polo today and I think he enjoyed that. After lunch, Jonathan really enjoyed playing with a little girl. GB's comment to me later was, Jonathan does like little girls more than Brad did at 4 years old. Oh man am I worried now!!!

No comments: